SCCE Training Workshop
We are actively monitoring attendance. At random times throughout this session, you will be prompted with a pop-up to confirm that you are still actively participating in the virtual session. You will not see the pop ups if you are in full screen mode or your pop-up blocker is on. In addition, make sure you are disconnected from any VPN as they can also cause interference and that you have a stable internet connection (hard line is always best).
Active attendance monitoring is only required if you will be requesting external CEUs for NASBA or CLE credits. If you only need Compliance Certification Board (CCB)® CEUs, it is not required to participate in active monitoring.
|8:55am – 9:00am CDT||Welcome and Introduction|
|9:00am – 10:20am CDT||The Need for and Value of Training and Education||– DOJ and regulator expectations |
– Where it fits within a compliance and ethics program
– Selling training and education to management and the workforce
|10:20am – 10:40am CDT||Break|
|10:40am – 11:50am CDT||Identification of Training Needs||– Risk assessments |
– Remediation efforts, root cause analysis following investigations, etc.
– Input from employees, managers, etc.
– Results of auditing and monitoring (including A&M of third parties)
– Other techniques
|11:50am – 12:30pm CDT||Mid-Conference Break|
|12:30pm – 2:00pm CDT||Principles of Adult Learning||– Malcolm Knowles’ four principles |
– Reaching different audiences (millennials, etc.)
|2:00pm – 2:15pm CDT||Break|
|2:15pm – 3:15pm CDT||Audiences and Topics for Training||– New employee orientation (code of conduct, etc.) |
– Recurring training for all on broad issues (code of conduct, culture of compliance, etc.)
– Recurring training for specific audiences on specialized compliance risk issues (FCPA, HIPAA, etc.)
– Non-recurring/responsive, based on specific event, emerging issue, etc.
– Onboarding training for certain vendors/suppliers, third parties, and more
– Recurring training for certain vendors/suppliers, third parties, etc.
|9:00am – 10:40am CDT||Developing Your Training Content||–Who should be involved, roles, etc. |
Process for development
-Process for QC, testing before rollout, etc.
-Delivering the message—plain language, focus on meaning/ effects of laws
-Considering need for customization/variation for different geographic regions
-Making training relevant in different cultures, languages/ translations, etc.
|10:40am – 11:00am CDT||Break|
|11:00am – 12:15pm CDT||Content and Delivery Options: Choosing the Right Approach||Overview of pros and cons of different methods of delivery |
– Live, in-person
|12:15pm – 12:45pm CDT||Mid-Conference Break|
|12:45pm – 1:55pm CDT||Building Compliance Awareness: Managers and On-the-Job Communications||– The roles of managers and other communications in on-the-job compliance awareness |
Evaluating effectiveness of training – Testing, different methods, etc. – Measuring impact – Four levels of training evaluation – Modifications to future training based on evaluations
|1:55pm – 2:10pm CDT||Break|
|2:10pm – 3:05pm CDT||Building Multi-Year Programs: Measurement, Evaluation, and Ongoing Improvement||– Keeping it interesting and updating training periodically|
Founder and Principal, Rethink Compliance
Compliance Consultant; Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois College of Medicine
Join the global compliance and ethics community
- NEW BENEFIT: Free Ethikos online quarterly newsletter (a $135 value)
- Receive the member-only Compliance & Ethics Professional (CEP) Magazine® (a $325 value)
- 4 free web conferences a year (a $396 value)
- Access free publications and discounts on educational products
- Save on future conference registrations
- Discounts on CCB certifications